Heron Workshop -Dive into Details and Get Creative!
Join me and 5 other students in my studio for some intimate learning and get creative. This intermediate level class will take a novice/experienced beginner to the next level with their art and stitching. The cosy, bright studio is located in rural Perth and offers access to nature and beautiful views. Bring your sewing machine and threads, play for a couple of days and we will even learn some basic wet felting and make our own wool batting!
- Dates: TBD
- Location: 867 Brooke Valley Road, Perth Ontario, K7H 3C6
- Maximum 6 Students
- Minimum 3 Students*
- We will start with design and colour theory and explore options for designing and creating your own masterpiece with the Heron pattern.
- We will have a beautiful lunch crafted by a local caterer using fresh, local ingredients.
- In the morning, we will be continuing exploring the details and layers of your thread painting.
- Another beautiful lunch.
- In the afternoon we will get down and dirty with wet felting and making our own batting for this project.
- We will look at the layout and finishing ideas for your creation.
- Thread Painting Heron Pattern
- Wet felting supplies.
- Lunch for both days
What do you need to Bring?
- Sewing machine -capable of free motion embroidery
- Fabric for your background and borders
- Basic sewing kit
What you can buy at the Studio
* minimum of 3 students to run. Full refund or exchange if class is cancelled due to low enrolment.